Connect on Facebook
- IDEA: A PHOTO WITHIN A PHOTO
- NEWS: Depression Era photographer to be next subject of Film by David Fincher
- COMPOSITION #6 – DIAGONALS: Dynamic Diagonals create a feeling of depth and movement
- NEWS: Figures and Fictions: South African Photographs at the Victoria and Albert Museum, London
- COMPOSITION #5 – FRAMING: Elements at the edges that create a window effect
Category Archives: Research
New camera lens technology will let you focus where you want to in the image, in the computer AFTER you have taken the photo.
If you loved shooting film there are still a few people out there who can’t give it up. Since digital came along, the allure of a discarded technology is catnip to artists and art students. Their enthusiasm for the palpable … Continue reading
Read about The Tartan Ribbon – in colour, 1861. On May 17, 1861, colour photography was created by Scottish physicist James Clerk Maxwell. Phil Coomes, BBC picture editor, shows us what it looked like and how it relates to digital photography.